Today, Lundin Energy is more than 400 individuals who do much more than explore for oil and gas. We explore new ideas, new concepts and new solutions. Our people are our key resource in unlocking opportunities.
Lundin Energy believes in continuing to attract and maintain a talented and innovative work force that makes sure we deliver our business objectives. We have been very successful over the years in attracting and retaining the best possible talent in the industry, thanks to our dynamic and entrepreneurial working environment and our focus on high-performance. As the business continues to grow it is this base of world class employees that will help drive our transformational growth to the next level.
At the end of 2019, Lundin Energy had a total of 444 employees with a majority based in Norway. Consultants and contractors are also engaged by the Company for services related to exploration, project development and other operational activities.
Lundin Energy applies the same high standards of professional conduct towards its contractors as it does towards its employees, which is reflected in the tracking of Key Performance Indicators for health and safety.
Investing for the future
Lundin Energy invests in its future employee base by training and developing talent.
In parallel with investing in its current employees, Lundin Energy also actively contributes to secure tomorrow’s talent pool. Traineeships are offered in fields of petroleum engineering, geology and corporate responsibility.
Lundin Energy’s people principles:
- Link reward and variable compensation to individual pre-determined performance objectives to encourage outstanding commitment and delivery, thereby enhancing value creation across all parts of Lundin Energy.
- Engagement, participation and involvement through our Performance Management Process.
- Support and encourage ongoing training and professional development.
- Pursue innovative recruitment and retention strategies.
- Promote a safe and respectful working environment for all employees where Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), diversity and equal opportunities are paramount to all and are enshrined in our Code of Conduct and the HSEQ Leadership Charter.
- Continue to maintain a strong total workforce stability.